COVID-19 Tenant Update – October 10, 2020
The health and safety of our valued tenants is very important to us as we navigate through these unprecedented times. As COVID-19 updates are received through governmental and health officials, information will be shared for your reference.
Although transmission levels vary throughout Quebec, COVID-19 still remains a threat setting a critical level in several regions of Quebec. These targeted and additional restrictive measures may prohibit non-essential services where risk cannot be adequately controlled. Due to continued high case numbers especially in red zones, governmental and health authorities have outlined the following until further updates are received:
- • Private indoor/outdoor gatherings are prohibited;
- • Organized activities in public places are prohibited with the exception of places of worship and funerals; allowing a maximum of 25 people required to register their attendance;
- • Organized sports and recreational activities are suspended. However:
– Activities done individually or in pairs are permitted providing health guidelines are followed;
– Individual practice and training activities are permitted;
– Indoor sports facilities may remain open for individual activities, with the exception of dressing rooms;
- • Closing of:
– Restaurants, shopping centre food courts and food stores, with the exception of deliveries, take-outs or drive-through orders;
– Bars, brasseries, taverns, and discotheques;
– Microbreweries and distilleries, for consumption of food or beverages on the premises;
– Casinos and gaming houses;
– Botanical gardens, planetariums, insectariums, aquariums and zoos;
– Amusement centres/parks, water parks, and arcades;
– Saunas and spas with the except of personal care provided at the premises;
– Libraries not located in educational institutions, except lending desks;
– Auditoriums, cinemas, theatres and museums;
– Youth hostels; and
– Fitness centres.
- • Personal and beauty care services are maintained with the exception of saunas and spas;
- • Private professional and health services remain open only for services where an individual’s presence is required;
- • Community organization services maintained;
- • Businesses, stores and boutiques remain open.
- • Travel is not recommended toward a green, yellow or orange zone or outside Quebec with the exception of essential travel, students, workers, shared custody, freight transportation;
- • The following measures continue to remain in place:
– Practice physical distancing and cough etiquette;
– Wear a mask or face covering in all indoor public places or where physical distancing isn’t possible;
– Wash or sanitize hands frequently and thoroughly;
– Follow public health guidance on travel and self-isolation;
– If feeling unwell, stay home; and
– Vulnerable people, such as seniors, are encouraged to exercise additional caution.
We all can do our part in responsibly maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. As we work together during this unique time, we will continue to support our tenants as their business needs may change, to accommodate any necessary modifications based on the above.
Further updates will be provided as new information is shared by government and health officials to help us all move forward safely. Should you require additional assistance or guidance from your McCOR Management team, please feel free to reach out.