COVID-19 Tenant Update – November 2, 2020
The health and safety of our valued tenants is very important to us as we navigate through this unprecedented time. As COVID-19 updates are received through governmental and health officials, information will be shared for your reference.
COVID-19 transmissions continue to occur in the community setting the response level to Orange. Effective November 1 at 12:01 am, and remaining in effect for the next two weeks, the Chief Provincial Public Health Officer has replaced orders previously issued with the following for the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region:
- • Maximum gathering size, such as for weddings, funerals or social events (banquets, receptions) and informal gatherings (dinners, house parties) is five people.
- • Gatherings involving five or more persons may take place if:
– The number of persons attending does not exceed 15% of the usual capacity of the place or premises where the gathering is held;
– The place or premises where the gathering is held is physically divided into separate areas which contain no more than five persons each; and
– Persons in each area are prevented from coming into close proximity with persons in another area during the gathering as well as when entering or leaving.
- • All gatherings community, cultural or religious related are to be at 15% of a site’s capacity or 100 people, whichever is less.
- • Restaurants or other public food establishments, bars, beverage rooms, brew pubs, micro-breweries/distilleries are required to close in-person dining. Take-out, delivery and drive-thru services may remain in operation.
- • Site capacity for grocery stores and pharmacies must be maintained at 50%. All other retail is reduced to 25% or 5 people, whichever is greater (excludes employees). Whenever possible, e-Service, pick-up or delivery is recommended. A limited number of people from each household is encouraged when shopping in-person.
- • Fitness centres and gyms must maintain 25% of site’s capacity. Masks are mandatory, even while exercising. Contact information for those using the facilities is to be collected.
- • Recreational facilities, group sports, arcades, bowling alleys, all indoor/outdoor sports facilities are closed.
- • Museums, galleries, libraries, movie theatres and concert halls are closed.
- • Casinos, video lottery terminals, and bingo halls are closed
- • Personal service businesses are limited to a maximum of 50% of the site occupancy or one person for each 10 square meters of premises, whichever is less.
- • For further information, please see the orders: here.
In addition, due to increased case numbers in southern Manitoba, Public Health has implemented travel restrictions to northern Manitoba and remote communities, effective September 4th.
- • The following measures continue to remain in place:
– Practice physical distancing and cough etiquette;
– Wear a face mask in all indoor public places;
– Wash or sanitize hands frequently and thoroughly;
– Follow public health guidance on travel and self-isolation;
– If feeling unwell, stay home; and
– Vulnerable people, such as seniors, are encouraged to exercise additional caution.
We all can do our part in responsibly maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. As we work together during this unique time, we will continue to support our tenants as their business needs may change, to accommodate any necessary modifications based on the above.
Additional updates will be provided as new information is shared by government and health officials to help us all move forward safely. Should you require additional assistance or guidance from your McCOR Management team, please feel free to reach out.