COVID-19 Tenant Update – December 2, 2020
The health and safety of our valued tenants is very important to us as we navigate through this unprecedented time. As COVID-19 updates are received through governmental and health officials, information will be shared for your reference.
Provincial Response Level: CRITICAL
The spread of COVID-19 within the community is not contained putting significant strains on the health care system. Effective December 11 at 11:59 pm, and remaining in effect until further notice, the Chief Provincial Public Health Officer has replaced orders previously issued with the following for the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region:
- • Individuals residing in a private residence must not permit a person from another residence to enter unless that individual is living alone and for childcare, healthcare, property maintenance and emergencies
- • Public gatherings indoor or outdoors are limited to five people including weddings, funerals and physically distanced outdoor activities. Masks continue to be required as well as frequent handwashing.
- • Essential items ONLY can be sold by retail businesses while staying within capacity limits and implementing physical distancing measures.
- • Retail businesses may continue to sell essential or non-essential items online, by phone or for delivery/pick up.
- • Non-essential travel is discouraged.
- • Travel to and from northern Manitoba is restricted.
- • Critical services can operate as required under the public health orders.
- • Personal service businesses, including hair salons, barbers, manicure/pedicure businesses and other esthetic services, must close.
- • Gyms and fitness centres must close.
- • Religious/cultural gatherings must close or take place virtually.
- • Drive-in events are restricted to include members from the same household, and remaining in their vehicle.
- • Restaurants must close to the public but may be open for delivery, drive-thru or takeout only.
- • Recreational activities, sports facilities, casinos, museums, galleries, libraries, movie theatres and concert halls must close.The following measures continue to remain in place:
– Practice physical distancing and cough etiquette;
– Wear a face mask in all indoor public places;
– Wash or sanitize hands frequently and thoroughly;
– Follow public health guidance on travel and self-isolation;
– If feeling unwell, stay home; and
– Vulnerable people, such as seniors, are encouraged to exercise additional caution.
We all can do our part in responsibly maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. As we work together during this unique time, we will continue to support our tenants as their business needs may change, to accommodate any necessary modifications based on the above.
Further updates will be provided as new information is shared by government and health officials to help us all move forward safely. Should you require additional assistance or guidance from your McCOR Management team, please feel free to reach out.